PASADENA, Calif. — Pasadena Public Library will celebrate poetry month this April with rhymes, poems, haiku, and prose for all ages. All programs are free and open to the public.
- Pocket Poem Writing Contest will be held April 1 to 27 at La Pintoresca Branch Library, 1355 N. Raymond Ave. Pick up you Poetry Pocket and turn in your original short poem – written on your pocket on or before “Poem in your Pocket” Day, Thursday, April 27. Categories are based on age: 7 and under, 8-12, 13-17, and 18 and up. Winners will be awarded a bookmark and a book of poems, and will have their poem posted on the La Pintoresca Branch Facebook page.
- Perkins Alley Poets will present a poetry writing and critique workshop with facilitator, Carl Stilwell on Saturday, April 15, 3 p.m. at Santa Catalina Branch Library, 999 E. Washington Blvd.
- Emerging Urban Poets will present featured and open poetry readings with facilitator Don Kingfisher Campbell on Saturday, April 22, 3 p.m. at Santa Catalina Branch Library, 999 E. Washington Blvd.
- Pasadena Pioneers of Poetry will feature Pasadena Rose Poets (Marcia Arrieta, Teresa Mei Chuc, Mel Donalson, Hazel Harrison and Gerda Govine) who will read poems from the pioneers of poetry in Pasadena including Rae Ballard, Thelma Reyna, Don Kingfisher Campbell, Beverly LaFontaine and small local presses that publish poetry and other types of writing on Thursday, April 27, 7 p.m. at Pasadena Central Library’s Studio on 4th, 285 E. Walnut St.. Books will be available for sale and signing.
- The Wonderful World of Poems show just how fun, easy, and kid-friendly poetry can be. Ten-year old writer Cassidy Kao will demonstrate Haiku, Tercets and concrete poems on Tuesday, April 18, 4 p.m. at Hastings Branch, 3225 E. Orange Grove Blvd.
- Rhyme Time Storytime will feature rhyming stories, songs, and more on Thursday, April 13, 10:30 a.m.., at La Pintoresca Branch 1355 N. Raymond Ave.
For more information contact Catherine Hany at (626) 744-4207 or email@example.com
# # #