- Los Angeles NoirThursday, January 19 at 6:00 pm, Central Library is hosting an event: “L.A. Noir — The Long Goodbye.” Join Phoef Sutton, author of the modern L.A. Noir mysteries Heart Attack and […]
- Haunted By the PastGhostland: An American History in Haunted Places by Colin Dickey (Staff Pick) A compelling work of nonfiction. Dickey focuses the lens of purportedly haunted places all over the US (houses, […]
- Brush Up On Your TriviaTomorrow, January 4th, is National Trivia Day and to celebrate all facts unknown and fascinating, take a look at one of the titles below. We have books to help you brush up […]
- Alternate Histories for the New YearWe’re on the brink of the new year, which makes it a good time to reflect on the changes that the future might bring and the way that those changes are […]
- A Family Affair“All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” –Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina For many people the holidays are a time to get together with family, […]
Your Next Good Read
Let our librarians help you find your next favorite book. Fill out and submit this form for customized recommendations.
Search the Catalog
See if the library has the items you’re looking for by searching in our online catalog.
If it doesn’t look like we have what you’re looking for, try filling out a Suggestion for Purchase form to see if the library might purchase a copy.
Learn more about the book groups offered through the Pasadena Public Library system. Find meeting times and contact information. Have your own book group? Learn about the Book Club Kits that the library has available for check out.
One City, One Story
Learn more about Pasadena Public Library’s annual shared reading celebration. Our guide has plenty of good reads to suggest, among the annual selections and short-list nominees.
Search this online resource for information about book titles and series; reviews from professional journals; reading suggestions based on title, author, or series; recommended reading lists and more. Make sure to have your library card number handy to sign in to use this resource.
Look through this online resource that has in-depth book reviews; handpicked “if you like this, try these” recommendations; browsing by genre, time period, geographical setting and theme; advice on starting and running a book club, and much more. Make sure to have your library card handy to sign in to use this resource.
Sign up for an online book club in the genre of your choice and you’ll receive a five-minute selection from the book of the week in your email each morning. It’s a great way to try new book titles from the comfort of your own home before checking out the full title from the library if it catches your eye.
Find great reads for teens recommended by staff and organized into themed booklists.
Find great reads for kids recommended by staff and organized into themed booklists.
Search this online resource for information about book titles and series; reviews from professional journals; reading suggestions based on title, author, or series; recommended reading lists and more, all tailored specifically to readers grades K-8. Make sure to have your library card number handy to sign in to use this resource.