In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pasadena Transit and Pasadena Dial-A-Ride allow requests for reasonable modifications and accommodations to customers with disabilities. A reasonable modification is a change, exception or adjustment that Pasadena Transit or Pasadena Dial-A-Ride can make to rules, policies, practices, and procedures to provide a customer with a disability an equal opportunity to utilize its services. The request should be as specific as possible and include information on why the requested modification is needed in order to allow the individual to use Pasadena Transit or Pasadena Dial-A-Ride services.
There are several ways to obtain a Reasonable Modification request form or file a grievance:
- Fill out an online form
- Call the Citizen Service Center at (626) 744-7311
- Send a request to, or go to, the City of Pasadena’s Transit Division office during normal business hours at 221 E. Walnut St., Suite 199, Pasadena, CA 91101.
The City of Pasadena Transit Division will make a determination on the request within ten business days of receiving the completed request form and will contact the requestor accordingly with the determination. Requests are reviewed to determine if the reasonable modification/accommodation provides use or access to the City of Pasadena’s transit services that the requestor otherwise would not have. The City of Pasadena’s focus is on accessibility, as distinct from convenience.
Requests may be declined if:
- It fundamentally alters the nature of the service, program or activity
- It creates a direct threat to the health or safety of others
- It results in an undue financial and administrative burden
- The requestor would still be able to fully use the service provided by the City of Pasadena without the modification
For more information on the City of Pasadena’s Accessibility and Disability Program, visit the City’s Accessibility webpage.
Si se necesita información en otro idioma, por favor llame al (626) 744-4055.
如果信息是需要用另一种语言，请致电 (626) 744-4055.
Եթե տեղեկատվությունը անհրաժեշտ է այլ լեզվով, խնդրում ենք զանգահարել (626) 744-4055.