June 5, 2018 Special Municipal Election
Four measures will be on the June 5th State Primary Election ballot. Two measures will be amendments to the City Charter which will move election dates for City Council and Pasadena Unified School District Board of Education from odd years to coincide with state and federal elections in even years to be consistent with the California Voter participation Rights Act (CVPRA). The measure regarding the Board of Education will also consolidate the current primary-general election into a single plurality election. Two other measures pertain to the regulation and taxation of commercial cannabis businesses in the City of Pasadena. One measure will allow the limited cultivation, retail, and testing of commercial cannabis in the City of Pasadena. The second cannabis measure will impose a tax on commercial cannabis businesses operating in the City of Pasadena.
Below are links to information on the four ballot measures, including arguments submitted in favor of each measure and the City Attorney’s impartial analysis. No arguments were submitted in opposition to any of the four measures.
- Ballot Measure AA – City Council Elections – Election Dates
- Measure AA – Argument in Favor
- Measure AA – City Attorneys Impartial Analysis
- Ballot Measure BB – PUSD Board of Education Elections – Format and Election Dates
- Measure BB – Argument in Favor
- Measure BB – City Attorneys Impartial Analysis
- Ballot Measure CC – Commercial Cannabis Regulations
- Measure CC – Argument in Favor
- Measure CC – City Attorneys Impartial Analysis
- Ballot Measure DD – Cannabis Business Tax
- Measure DD – Argument in Favor
- Measure DD – City Attorneys Impartial Analysis