- Toxic TitlesWe’re inspired by an article on Atlas Obscura about preservation issues for Shadows from the Walls of Death, a sample-book of wallpaper with deadly properties, owing to the use of a wildly […]
- African-American OlympiansThe 2018 Winter Olympics are over, but to say farewell and celebrate Black History Month, here are some books that examine the lives of some ground-breaking African-American Olympians from previous […]
- African American ScientistsIt’s Black History Month and since the library is focusing on STEAM initiatives this year, we’re celebrating both by taking a closer look at some of the amazing African […]
- The Alienist: A Book ListWe’re inspired by the series premiere of “The Alienist” on TNT, adapted from Caleb Carr’s novel about grisly serial murder in gritty, corrupt turn-of-the-century Manhattan; and a trio: police reporter, […]
- Japanese InternmentIn February we’ll be hosting a Big Read program focusing on the novel When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka and the experience of Japanese Americans who were placed […]
Your Next Good Read
Let our librarians help you find your next favorite book. Fill out and submit this form for customized recommendations.
Search the Catalog
See if the library has the items you’re looking for by searching in our online catalog.
If it doesn’t look like we have what you’re looking for, try filling out a Suggestion for Purchase form to see if the library might purchase a copy.
Learn more about the book groups offered through the Pasadena Public Library system. Find meeting times and contact information. Have your own book group? Learn about the Book Club Kits that the library has available for check out.
One City, One Story
Learn more about Pasadena Public Library’s annual shared reading celebration. Our guide has plenty of good reads to suggest, among the annual selections and short-list nominees.
Search this online resource for information about book titles and series; reviews from professional journals; reading suggestions based on title, author, or series; recommended reading lists and more. Make sure to have your library card number handy to sign in to use this resource.
Look through this online resource that has in-depth book reviews; handpicked “if you like this, try these” recommendations; browsing by genre, time period, geographical setting and theme; advice on starting and running a book club, and much more. Make sure to have your library card handy to sign in to use this resource.
Sign up for an online book club in the genre of your choice and you’ll receive a five-minute selection from the book of the week in your email each morning. It’s a great way to try new book titles from the comfort of your own home before checking out the full title from the library if it catches your eye.
Find great reads for teens recommended by staff and organized into themed booklists.
Find great reads for kids recommended by staff and organized into themed booklists.
Search this online resource for information about book titles and series; reviews from professional journals; reading suggestions based on title, author, or series; recommended reading lists and more, all tailored specifically to readers grades K-8. Make sure to have your library card number handy to sign in to use this resource.