- Thanksgiving in Contemporary FictionThanksgiving is this week; we’re grateful for your support. We hope you find yourselves in friendly company, with plenty of your favorite foods, and well-stocked with good books to tide […]
- Golden Age Detective FictionThe newest adaptation of Agatha Christie’s classic detective novel, Murder on the Orient Express, starring Kenneth Branagh as the famously mustachioed detective, Hercule Poirot, hit movies theaters last weekend, and […]
- The Great War in LiteratureThis Saturday, November 11, is the Veterans Day holiday in the U.S. Veterans Day is a day we honor all the men and women who have served in the military. […]
- The Horror of H.P. LovecraftThe Halloween season is always a good time for a good scare. Movies and TV shows use the time of year to highlight the scariest, creepiest ideas. People remind themselves […]
- On Edge: The Santa Ana Winds in LiteratureIt’s that time of year: those infamous Santa Anas are blowing in: hot, dry, contributing to the danger of wildfires. Many of us in SoCal sense a psychological component […]
Your Next Good Read
Let our librarians help you find your next favorite book. Fill out and submit this form for customized recommendations.
Search the Catalog
See if the library has the items you’re looking for by searching in our online catalog.
If it doesn’t look like we have what you’re looking for, try filling out a Suggestion for Purchase form to see if the library might purchase a copy.
Learn more about the book groups offered through the Pasadena Public Library system. Find meeting times and contact information. Have your own book group? Learn about the Book Club Kits that the library has available for check out.
One City, One Story
Learn more about Pasadena Public Library’s annual shared reading celebration. Our guide has plenty of good reads to suggest, among the annual selections and short-list nominees.
Search this online resource for information about book titles and series; reviews from professional journals; reading suggestions based on title, author, or series; recommended reading lists and more. Make sure to have your library card number handy to sign in to use this resource.
Look through this online resource that has in-depth book reviews; handpicked “if you like this, try these” recommendations; browsing by genre, time period, geographical setting and theme; advice on starting and running a book club, and much more. Make sure to have your library card handy to sign in to use this resource.
Sign up for an online book club in the genre of your choice and you’ll receive a five-minute selection from the book of the week in your email each morning. It’s a great way to try new book titles from the comfort of your own home before checking out the full title from the library if it catches your eye.
Find great reads for teens recommended by staff and organized into themed booklists.
Find great reads for kids recommended by staff and organized into themed booklists.
Search this online resource for information about book titles and series; reviews from professional journals; reading suggestions based on title, author, or series; recommended reading lists and more, all tailored specifically to readers grades K-8. Make sure to have your library card number handy to sign in to use this resource.