• I want to ...

Found 93 city services

Abandoned Items APPLY HERE

Accessibility and Disability APPLY HERE

On July 26, 1990, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was signed into law. The ADA is a comprehensive civil rights law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of disability. It is also a declaration of equality for people with disabilities, including the statement of congressional intent “to assure equality of opportunity, full participation, independent living, and economic self-sufficiency for individuals with disabilities.” It broadly protects the rights of individuals with disabilities in employment, access to State and local government services, places of public accommodation, transportation, and other important areas of life.

Affordable Housing FIND HERE

Alarm Permit APPLY HERE

The alarm permit application is applicable for both businesses and residences. The application can be printed out and must be filled out completely before being submitted to the City of Pasadena Business Services Section. Fees may apply.

Animal License APPLY HERE

Animal Licensing in the City of Pasadena is managed through the Pasadena Humane Society.  Licensing your dog is required by every city. Dogs must be 4 months or older and be current on their rabies vaccination. Licenses are renewed each year but the tags are permanent.  

Arts and Culture Grant APPLY HERE

Become City Vendor APPLY HERE

Start with the Purchasing office staff. Staff is available to explain the City’s purchasing policies and procedures, as well as to assist in adding your company to the City’s bid notification system. Your business commodity information will be used to potentially match you to specific goods or services advertised in the City’s bid notification system.

Birth And Death Records FIND HERE

The Pasadena Public Health Department’s Vital Records office maintains records of births and deaths that occur in the City of Pasadena.

Building and Safety Codes FIND HERE

Bulky Item Pick up APPLY HERE

Bus Arrivals FIND HERE

Did you know you can view all Pasadena Transit bus schedules and arrivals in real time?  Check it out here:  http://rt.pasadenatransit.net/rtt/public/

Bus Bench Repair FIND HERE

The Street Maintenance and Integrated Waste Management division is primarily responsible for the maintenance and repair of the bus benches.  If you know of or notice a bus bench in need of repair, please contact the Citizen Service Center at 626-744-7311


Business License Application APPLY HERE

The City of Pasadena welcomes you to the business community. We are pleased that you have selected our city for your business enterprise.

Business License Renewal RENEW HERE

The City of Pasadena welcomes you to the business community. We are pleased that you have selected our city for your business enterprise.

Centerline Ties Drawings FIND HERE

Christmas Tree Curbside Collection FIND HERE

Curbside pickup for Christmas trees will be available to Pasadena’s solid waste customers on their regularly scheduled collection days and routes during the first two weeks each January.  Christmas trees may be trimmed to fit in yard waste container (Black Lid) for recycling.

Christmas Tree Recycling FIND HERE

Residents can drop off their trees for recycling from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m, on specified dates each year at the following locations:  Eaton Blanche Park (3100 E Del Mar Blvd.) or Robinson Park (1081 N. Fair Oaks Ave.)  Please remove all stands, ornaments and lights

City Commissions FIND HERE

City Council Agendas FIND HERE

City Council Meetings FIND HERE

City Council Meetings are held Mondays at 6:30pm.  Updated schedules, Agendas and Meeting Notes can be found here:  http://ww2.cityofpasadena.net/councilagendas/council_agenda.asp

City Events FIND HERE

Find out what is happening in the city.

City Manager Newsletter FIND HERE

The City Manager’s Weekly newsletter provides information on departmental programs and services as well as upcoming events. The newsletter is also used to expand upon any issues which may have been raised during previous City Council meetings.  To view newsletters and subscribe to future newsletters, please visit http://ww5.cityofpasadena.net/city-manager/about/city-manager-newsletter/

Class or Activity FIND HERE

Collaborate PASadena FIND HERE

The shared vision of Collaborate PASadena is that the children of Pasadena, Altadena and Sierra Madre all grow up in a safe, stable and supportive environment that prepares them for success in school and in life.

Commercial Business License APPLY HERE

Commissions and Committees FIND HERE

To view information on City Commissions, Committees and Boards that are established by Charter, Municipal Code or City Council; including meeting dates, locations and agendas, please visit  http://ww5.cityofpasadena.net/commissions/

Community Development Block Grant APPLY HERE

Construction and Demolition Waste Management Requirements FIND HERE

Effective April 1, 2014, the Construction and Demolition Waste Management Ordinance (PMC Chapter 8.62) requires that certain construction and demolition projects divert at least 75% of waste either through recycling, salvage or deconstruction.
The construction and demolition application must be approved prior to hauling any C&D debris. Failure to submit this application for approval and to comply with any provision of the C&D Waste Management Ordinance may result in forfeiture of the performance security deposit. Please visit our website for more information and to download the application.

Contact at the City FIND HERE

Find general information, phone numbers, and contacts for the city.

Contract & Bid Opportunities FIND HERE

Doing Business With the City: Start with the Purchasing office staff. Staff is available to explain the City’s purchasing policies and procedures, as well as to assist in adding your company to the City’s bid notification system. Your business commodity information will be used to potentially match you to specific goods or services advertised in the City’s bid notification system.

Council District, School District, or Neighborhood Association FIND HERE

Crime (non-emergency) REPORT HERE

If this is an emergency, call 9-1-1

Using this online system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.

For non-emergencies, call 626-744-4501


Dial-A-Ride is a shared, curb-to-curb transportation service provided for residents who live in Pasadena, San Marino, Altadena, and the other unincorporated Los Angeles County areas in our service area (i.e., Chapman Woods, Kinneloa area, and the unincorporated area of the City of San Gabriel) who are 60 years and older or for those under 60 years with a physician-certified disability that prevents the use of regular public transit.

Election Information FIND HERE

Employment APPLY HERE

Work for the City of Pasadena.

Ewaste and Document Shredding events FIND HERE

Residents and Businesses can safely dispose of electronic waste and have personal and business documents shredded at the City’s popular free e-waste events.  These events are held a few time a year in Parking Lot I outside the Rose Bowl Stadium near Brookside Park.  

Facility Reservations FIND HERE

Please visit Pasadena’s Facilty Reservation and Recreation Programs site to view and register for recreaction activities or for use of a City facility or park area

Fiber Optic Services FIND HERE

Filming Information FIND HERE

Fire Department Presentation APPLY HERE

Food Facility Inspection FIND HERE


Report fraud or abuse.

Graffiti FIND HERE

To report graffiti on public property or to request services for removal from your private property, please contact the Citizen Service Center at 626-744-7311 or cityofpasadena.net/csc

Home Occupation Permit APPLY HERE

With the proliferation of computers and fax machines, more and more people are choosing to work from home. In the City of Pasadena, a Home Occupation Permit is required when a business is being operated in a residence in a residential district. The Home Occupation Permit is designed to ensure that the business will not have an adverse impact on the residential location. Zoning guidelines have been established to avoid excessive pedestrian and automobile traffic, noise, and indoor and outdoor storage. In addition, signs and advertising that draw attention to the property are prohibited.

Before a permit is approved, a field inspection must be conducted by a Code Compliance Officer to determine whether the proposed type of business satisfies the Zoning requirements for the residential location. In addition, the business owner must demonstrate an understanding of the permit requirements and a willingness to abide by them. Once approved and issued, a Home Occupation Permit is valid for two (2) years and is subject to a renewal fee.

Typical professional businesses operating from home include Architects, Accountants, Consultants, Graphic Artist, Word Processing, etc.

Homeless Resources FIND HERE

Library Book FIND HERE

Library Branch FIND HERE

Library Card APPLY HERE

Library Fine PAY HERE

Marriage License Information FIND HERE

Marriage Licenses are issued through the LA County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk.  Applications and Information on locations for Marriage Licenses and Ceremonies can be found here:  https://www.lavote.net/home/county-clerk/marriage-licenses-ceremonies/apply-for-a-marriage-license/apply

Minimum Wage Ordinance and Complaint Form FIND HERE

On July 1, 2016, the minimum wage increased for people who perform work in the city of Pasadena.  The minimum wage will increase every year until 2018 when it will be $13.25 per hour for employers with 26 or more employees, and $12.00 per hour for employers with 25 or fewer employees.  All employers in Pasadena must pay the increased minimum wage with few exceptions.

Moving Permit for Wide Load/Heavy Equipment APPLY HERE

Municipal Code FIND HERE

The Pasadena Municipal Code is administered by the Office of the City Clerk.  The online version of the Code, which includes the City Charter, is maintained by Book Publishing Company and is updated regularly as new Ordinances are adopted by the City Council.  If you are looking for more recent provisions which may not yet be included in the online version, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at (626) 744-4124

News Article FIND HERE

Search the database to find current and historical newspaper citations about Pasadena. The index primarily includes citations from the Pasadena Star-News, the Pasadena Weekly, and the Pasadena Journal from 1996-Present, with some older material from these and other Pasadena news sources indexed as well. Some full text articles are also included.

Northwest Business Listing FIND HERE

Occupancy Inspection Program FIND HERE

The Occupancy Inspection Program is designed to ensure and enhance the quality and maintenance of the City’s single family homes, duplexes, and condominiums. This is achieved by conducting inspections of these dwelling units at the time of sale or change of occupancy.  If during inspection, a dwelling unit is found to be in violation of the Housing Code, the property owner is notified of the violations and given a reasonable time to correct noted deficiencies.  Upon correction of the violations, a Certificate of Inspection is issued and remains valid until the dwelling unit is either sold or rented again.

Schedule the inspection online today.


The community’s public platform for exploring and downloading open data, building apps, and engaging to solve important local issues. Open data demonstrates Pasadena’s commitment to transparency, engagement and collaboration within the community. With the community’s assistance and involvement, Pasadena can continue to grow and development into a safe, vibrant, and livable City.

Parking Citation PAY HERE

Parking Permit APPLY HERE

Pasadena Transit Tickets PAY HERE

Pasadena Tree Ordinance FIND HERE

The City of Pasadena recognized the importance of trees by passing an ordinance that will protect the canopy of trees in Pasadena now, and in the future.


The Permit Center is a section of the Building & Safety Division of Pasadena’s Planning & Community Development Department. The Permit Center is where our staff provides all development review & permit services for our customers and embodies the highest level of customer service. We facilitate when possible, regulate when needed, and provide a single point of contact for our customers. In addition to the services we provide, there are links to other agencies that assist in the development process.

Polystrene Food Packaging Ordinance FIND HERE

On July 18, 2016, the Pasadena City Council voted to ban the sale and distribution of polystyrene disposable food service ware within Pasadena.  The polystrene food packaging ordinance (PMC 8.67) took effect on August 22, 2016 at City Facilities and operations.  Twelve months later on August 22, 2017, the ban will apply to Pasadena businesses and organizations.

Pothole Repair FIND HERE

Potholes in the street are the primary responsibility of the Street Maintenance and Integrated Waste Management Division.  Should you see or notice a pothole in the street, please contact the Citizen Service Center at 626-744-7311

Problem or Complaint REPORT HERE

Public Health Clinics FIND HERE

Pasadena Public Health has the following Public Health Clinics:  Adult Immunization Clinic, Andrew Escajeda Comprehensive Care Services Clinic, Child Immunization Clinic, HIV Testing Clinic and Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic.

Public Notices FIND HERE

Public Records Request FIND HERE

Find or request a public record.

Public Works Inspection Scheduler APPLY HERE

Recreation Class Registration FIND HERE

Please visit Pasadena’s Facilty Reservation and Recreation Programs site to view and register for recreaction activities or for use of a City facility or park area

Recycling Drop Off Locations FIND HERE

There are various locations in and around Pasadena to drop off recyclable materials.  

Red Flag Conditions FIND HERE

In 2009, the Pasadena City Council unanimously accepted the recommendation of the Public Safety Committee to implement the proposed restrictions on parking within the urban-wildland interface (UWI) on days of extreme fire hazard, also known as Red Flag days.  Streets where parking is restricted on Red Flag days are posted with appropriate “No Parking” signs. If signs are not posted, that street is not affected.

Register for NIXLE (Police Alerts) FIND HERE

Nixle is the primary system for the Police Department. Residents, visitors and businesses are encouraged to register at “nixle.com” to receive trusted alerts at no cost by cellphone text message, e-mail and/or the web. Registration is fast and easy and users set their personal level of notification and geographic areas.

Register for Pasadena Local Emergency Alert System (PLEAS) FIND HERE

The Pasadena Local Emergency Alert System, or PLEAS, uses both text and voice messages to keep residents and community members in Pasadena informed in case of emergencies that affect areas in which they live or work. With this information, residents and businesses can make arrangements to help ensure the safety of family members, employees, pets, and property in the event of fires, floods, earthquakes, or other types of disasters.

Residential Recycling and Refuse Information APPLY HERE

RV Parking Permit APPLY HERE


The Street Maintenance and Integrated Waste Management division is responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of the City’s sewer system.    Should you have any question regarding a City sewer line, please contact the Citizen Service Center at 626-744-7311

Short-Term Rental Permit Online APPLY HERE

You will be provided with a Short-Term Rental Permit number upon approval of your online application.

A $100 permit fee applies. A 3% records management fee and payment processing fees also apply.

Read Short-Term Rental Regulations for complete instructions.

Sidewalk Repair FIND HERE

Sidewalk repairs are the primary responsibility of the property owner.  However, if you have a sidewalk in need of repair and would like to have a temporary patch installed until the permanent repairs can be made, please call the Citizen Service Center at 626-744-7311

Sign up for PWP Service FIND HERE

To start or stop service with Pasadena Water and Power, complete the online application and you will contacted by a specialist directly.

Solar Initiative FIND HERE

The Pasadena Solar Initiative (PSI) is PWP’s commitment to a sustainable energy future through the promotion of renewable solar power.  Through rebates, additional incentives and education, the Pasadena Solar Initiative aims to help its customers install 14 MW of solar power by 2017.

Standard Drawings FIND HERE

Storm Drains FIND HERE

The Street Maintenance and Integrated Waste Management division is responsible for the maintenance of the storm drains in the City.    The LA County Flood Control District also has some drains that run through our City.  Catch basins are area drains where surface water enters the storm drain system.  Should you have any questions regarding drains or catch basins, please contact the Citizen Service Center at 626-744-7311

Street Sweeping FIND HERE

The City of Pasadena street sweeping program consists of 38 separate or individual routes.  The majority of routes are swept every two weeks.  To find out when your area is swept, please contact the Citizen Service Center or visit the online street sweeping map  https://ww5.cityofpasadena.net/public-works/street-maintenance-waste-management/streets-sidewalks/

Trash and Recycling Pickup Schedule FIND HERE

  • collection and disposal of refuse from municipal offices, libraries, parks and various business districts
  • collection of recyclable material from municipal offices
  • collection of commercial refuse and recyclables
  • collection of bulky items (by appointment only) for those households with residential refuse service provided by the City of Pasadena.

Utility Bill Payment Assistance FIND HERE

PWP recognizes that some of our customers may need extra help to pay their utility bills. Through PWP’s Electric Utility Assistance Program (EUAP), we offer three income-qualified financial assistance programs for paying electric bills, and one program to help offset electricity costs associated with home medical equipment. These programs must be applied for in person at one of the locations listed below. (Please refer to the Southern California Gas Company if you need assistance paying your gas bill.)

Valet Permit APPLY HERE

Volunteer Opportunities APPLY HERE

The City of Pasadena is actively seeking volunteers to participate in our Volunteer Program. This program gives citizens an opportunity to learn about City government and operations, to form mutual partnerships with City staff and to build community relations. While assisting City services, participants gain valuable work experience and marketable skills.

Water & Power Bill PAY HERE

Water and Power Service APPLY HERE

Wheeled or Trailered Storage Container Parking APPLY HERE

Yard Sale Permit APPLY HERE

The City of Pasadena permits reasonable use of residential property for “yard sales” or “garage sales.” This ordinance establishes the limits for such sales, prevents excessive number of sales at any one property…