A public meeting will be held to receive comments regarding proposed changes to service on Pasadena Transit. This meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 6 PM at 221 East Walnut St. Suite 210. Public comment at the meeting will be received regarding the following proposed changes:
- Pasadena Transit service changes are anticipated to be implemented as early as July 1, 2018.
- Per a federal grant award, begin operation of Pasadena Transit Sunday service in Fiscal Year 2019 through Fiscal Year 2021. Service hours are anticipated to run between approximately 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Routes 10, 20, 31/32, 40, 51 (i.e., Route 51 between Memorial Park and the Rose Bowl).
- Increase weekday frequency on Route 20 in both directions from approximately 1:00p.m. to 5:00 p.m. from the current 24 minute average frequency to approximately 18 minute average frequency.
- Minor route schedule modifications for system optimization.
- A temporary demonstration route between the Metro Gold Line Memorial Park Station and the Sam Merrill Trail in Altadena is anticipated to be implemented for a minimum of three months in April 2018. This route will operate on Saturdays and Sundays per a funding partnership with Los Angeles County and the Trust for Public Land. If funding beyond this initial demonstration period is secured, the route may continue for a longer period of time.
Planned service changes noted above may be subject to change depending on grant and/or operational requirements.
The City has also established a thirty (30) day comment period from Thursday, March 15, 2018 to Saturday, April 14, 2018 where public comments regarding the proposed changes will be accepted. Questions and comments, as well as requests for more information regarding these proposed changes, may be sent to:
- By email at email@example.com; using Subject Line: “Pasadena Transit Service Changes”
- By phone at (626) 744-4055
- By postal mail to the Department of Transportation, 221 E. Walnut St., Suite 199, Pasadena, CA 91101.
Comments received after April 14, 2018 will not be accepted.