"Thank you! The technicians have been professional, courteous and accommodating. We are very pleased with the improvements to our home." -- Home Improvement Program Participant, District 4
PWP has resumed in-person program services for the Home Improvement Program. To ensure the safety of program staff and our customers, the utility is dedicated to supporting social distancing and vendors will adhere to specific safety guidelines in response to COVID-19. Read our safety guidelines here.
Pasadena homeowners are essential participants in securing the future health of our city. As a community and environmental partner, PWP wants to help homeowners save money, use resources more efficiently and increase the comfort of their homes. That’s why we developed the Home Improvement Program.
What it is
The Home Improvement Program provides an expert in-home evaluation and personalized installations to help you save water and power, all at no cost to you.
Due to the popularity of the program, appointments are typically reserved up to 4 weeks in advance. Please call 626.788.9838 or complete the sign-up form below and a program representative will contact you to schedule a no-cost evaluation visit.
- Water & Energy Use Evaluation
- Adjusting Existing Irrigation Controller
- Programming Thermostat
No-Cost Product Installation
- LED Light bulbs
- Advanced Power Strips
- Low Flow Showerhead
- Bathroom and Kitchen Aerators
- Toilet Replacement
- Attic Insulation (Blown Cellulose)
- Attic Plane Sealing
- Air Sealing
- Duct Sealing
- Weather Stripping
- Central AC Tune Up
No-Cost Efficiency Tests
- Blower Door Test
- Combustion Safety Tests
How it Works
- Fill out the Home Improvement Program Sign-Up Form below or call 626.788.9838 to schedule an appointment from our trained Home Evaluators, at a convenient time for you. Note: All Utilities staff and crews carry City ID cards. You can always request to see the cards before allowing access to your property. Also, if you are concerned about whether any vendor or contractor who claims to represent the City is legitimate, please call us at (626) 744-4311 to find out.
- During the visit, the evaluator will install free energy and water efficiency products on the spot and make recommendations for additional improvements to your home.
- You will receive a customized Home Evaluation Report, which includes recommendations to help you save money and use resources more efficiently.
The products and services offered through the Home Improvement Program are 100% funded by PWP and SoCalGas® — we offer these services to help ensure a healthy future for Pasadena residents.
The Home Improvement Program is only available to Pasadena Water and Power residential customers with an electric account.
The program value maximum is $4,000 per home. Not all homes will receive all items listed above, previous program participants will not qualify.