Have you seen water waste in Pasadena? By letting us know — whether you simply notice a broken sprinkler, excessive water runoff, or observe a neighbor who may be unaware of the watering schedule — we can help step in, provide useful information, and help save water.
Types of Water Waste to Report:
- Outdoor watering anytime on restricted days (see below), or between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm on allowed days
- Outdoor watering within 48 hours of rain
- The use of potable water to wash down paved surfaces (unless for safety or sanitation.)
- A leaky or broken water system that the owner may be unaware of or has not fixed
- Excessive water runoff onto pavement, gutters, adjacent property, walkways, etc.
- Using a hose without a shut-off nozzle to water landscape or wash a vehicle (does not apply to commercial car washes.)
To learn more about Pasadena’s permanent water waste restrictions and city ordinance, please click here.
Three Ways to Report:
- Call the Pasadena Citizen Service Center, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 5 pm
- Submit your report online by clicking here
- From your smartphone or tablet, download and use our free app. Once installed, activate the app, take a photo of the water waste, then answer a few questions and send
When making a report, please provide the following:
- The specific address where the water waste is occurring
- The date and time of day when the water waste was observed
- A brief description of the water waste (include a photo if possible)
Warnings & Fines:
PWP will work closely with customers to provide helpful information and issue written warnings for first offenses. Customers who continue to violate Pasadena’s water ordinance may face fines. Fine amounts range from $100 to $500 and are double for non-residential customers with meters of 1 ½” or larger. Flow restrictors may also be used to achieve compliance. A customer does have the right to a hearing if a written request is received by PWP within ten (10) days of the date of fine. To request a hearing and fine waiver click here.