Please note: Funding for the WeDIP program is fully subscribed at this time. PWP is taking waiting list reservations on a first-come, first-served basis.
To join the waiting list call 626.744.7311.
Through the Water & Energy Direct Install Program (WeDIP), PWP will install water and energy saving equipment — completely free of charge! — to help your small business become more sustainable.
WeDIP is available to PWP’s small business customers. Qualifying customers will have water and energy saving equipment installed at NO COST. This is not a rebate program; customers do not pay for the installation. The water and energy efficient measures installed will depend on what equipment exists in the building. In order to determine what measures best suit your business, an energy and water use survey will be conducted prior to installation. PWP will provide a variety of water and energy saving measures, such as:
Water & Energy
Pre-Rinse Spray Valves
LED Refrigerated Case Lighting
Electronically Commutated Motors (ECMs)
Auto Door Closers
Evaporator Fan Controllers
Anti-Sweat Heaters (ASHs)
WeDIP is offered to small business customers who have a PWP electric and/or water service account in good standing, and:
- Use 30 kW or less in electric demand.
- If building is leased, have at least one year remaining on lease term.
- Agree to display window or wall signage after the project is complete, designating that the business participated in WeDIP.
To check whether your business might participate in WeDIP, simply look at your monthly bill. If it is issued from the City of Pasadena, and it indicates “Small Commercial,” your account may be eligible to participate in WeDIP.
How to Get Started:
- Call us 626.744.6970. A program representative will verify if your business qualifies (uses less than 30 kW annually).
- Sign the Participation Agreement (provided by the program representative upon eligibility verification). The representative will then schedule an energy survey at your place of business, conduct the Survey, and produce a report.
- Review the report and sign the Customer Work Authorization Form (provided with the survey report). A program representative will work with you to schedule the installation of the equipment.